You got engaged, congratulations! I remember so clearly when Richard popped the question to me. I got off work from my waiting job at 11p, and came into our Oakland apartment tired and dirty. But, to my amazement, our hallway was lined with candles and ended in a circle with him sitting there with a bouquet of roses. The rest is history. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary! Even though it was so long ago, if feels like yesterday.
It can feel overwhelming to decide what to do next during the wedding planning process. The main piece of advice I have is always keep your eye on the prize: this is a celebration of love, commitment, friends and family. In addition, consider these next steps in order of importance.
- Choose a wedding date. Do you see yourself happier planning in less time or do you need a year or more to make it just right?
- Make a budget. It will budge a little, so create some wiggle room.
- Research wedding venues: You can’t book a date until you’ve nailed down your dream venue! Do some research online first, or maybe you already have a place in mind and can call to get more information on pricing and availability.
- Book your photographer and videographer. We offer both and can only accept a certain amount of clients every year. Each year we book up quickly, so if photography is important to you, let’s chat soon! My style is a documentary approach to wedding photography, with an emphasis on capturing authentic moments, natural light and artistic composition.
- Get a planner, caterer, florist, hair/make-up and dj.
- Create a guest list
- Book your engagement session with me so you can use them either on your save the dates or invitations
- Build a wedding website
- Send out invites
- Enjoy your big day!